Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

7/7/2005

Just coming to the anniversary of this horrific incident. I watched the entire thing fold out in front of me in the common room on TV, with the same sense of dread that spilled over me when I watched the Twin Towers collapse in 2001. Except this was far closer to home. All I could and can wish for is that the families and friends of the victims and the victims themselves realise the support we all feel for them. Call it praying or whatever, empathy at its most basic level.
Watching it all, the one thing I did feel was helpless. I did not enjoy that at all, in general I am a control freak (terrible I know), but I enjoy power. When I do start in September, hopefully I will start to gain the confidence and knowledge to help people in awful situations like that, instead of staring like a prune at the TV.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    7.7.05 I was one of the first on scene at Russell Square. Not THE first, thank God, but Jesus. A year later, I still have nightmares about it, and I don't think they will ever go away for the rest of my life. But hey, it's all part of the job, you know.

    Hope you never see things like that.

    Good luck.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger