Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Internal Worries about University

Here's that expanded post..
Basically, I have an offer for one University at the minute, which, in all fairness is a bit pathetic.

Now while I am extremely glad that I have this offer, something inside me is deeply unsettled about the Uni I have the offer with. Going there will involve leaving all that I love quite a trek away, including my girlfriend and family. I'm sure that some of it is down to nerves about leaving home etc, but the rest of it I can't quite place yet. Which is worrying.
However; I do have a saving grace. I have also applied to another Uni, outside of the UCAS system. This particular Uni does everything I want, I so desperately want an offer from them that I am quite willing to do nasty things to people in order to get one..
But, I don't have that offer yet. I eagerly await the post each and every morning, and will continue to do so until I get an answer. Being honest, having been rejected from 5 Uni's so far is disheartening to say the least, but we live in hope.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger