Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Infamous First Post

Hi, welcome to Carmelo's world. As my blurb has said, I want to become a Paramedic. This ambition has been sitting inside since I was very young, my Dad said at a very young age all I wanted to be was an "ambulance doctor".
I still do, and I am finally pursuing my dream. At present I am an A-level student, just finishing things off. I have applied to various Universities to study Paramedic sciences, with varying degrees of success.......
To this end I have and have always had a slightly strange infatuation with ambulances, which serves as a constant spur to my ambition, and a constant annoyance to my girlfriend. While being slightly unhealthy I am very glad that I'm not alone, as Edelee (http://www.edelee.blogspot.com/) shares it with me.
I have become brutally aware of the various prejudices facing students on these courses, something that does concern me deeply, but unfortunately I do suspect I will encounter this during my time, but wish to be proven wrong on more than one occasion. During this process I have no doubt that I will grow up, and will also develop the rather twisted humour that many ambulance staff enjoy so much.

Ok then, that's it for the moment. This blog will probably be a little bit dead until September when things begin to hot up, but no doubt I will find myself commenting on various events in my world and the rest of it. Saddle up kid, its only just beginning....

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger