Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Love Pylon.


Strange title, even stranger story.
My Missus is fretting a bit about me leaving for University. Honestly she has nothing to worry about, even though I reassure her on a daily basis that we will make it through. I don't tend to buy into the whole "long distance relationships don't work" crap, as I see it lots of people see Uni as a way to escape long-term relationships from sixth form/college. However, since I have no wish to "escape" my relationship, I intend to go through Heaven and Hell to ensure it works out, love is a rarity.

Now today I was trying to explain this to her using a diagram..

I was trying to draw a tree, and to show that while the branches of the tree may separate some times, the tree is always one. However, since my C-grade art skills were barely that, the tree ended up looking like an electricity pylon, wires an' all. Great, a love pylon!
Needless to say we both slipped into fits of giggles, coupled with the various childish noises that we make..
In an attempt to improve upon my pylon, she rubbed it out, and replaced it with what looked like to me a house. I said this, and to illustrate my point added doors and windows, very nice it was too. Our house is still up on my white-board in my room. I prefer my pylon.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't kid yourself, son. Never mind love pylons, you'll find that Uni is one long shagathon and you'll soon forget 'the girl back home'.

    It's sad, but there it is.

    Good luck anyway.

     
  • At 10:28 pm, Blogger Carmelo said…

    Now you see I have been thinking about that for quite a long time and I must disagree whole-heartedly. I feel confident that we can keep it together, despite the youthfullness I might have put across. I have no doubt it will be hard, as does she, but I tend to go with the "if its meant to be it will be" kind of thing.

     
  • At 11:01 pm, Blogger Lola Cherry Cola said…

    Hey, good luck with it. I admire that you're both willing to give it a try. It will be hard, there's no point pretending that it won't be, but I wish you both all the best and hope you'll be able to get through it together, along with your pylon of love ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger