Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Monday, October 09, 2006

What a brilliant idea!

Just stumbled across this, first aid MP3 downloads! So if anybody feels they need to brush up on their first aid skills download these files to your Ipod or MP3 player. Always good to know, and they're free too. I'll do a post tomorrow regarding some ambulance stuff.
You know what? Actually being able to talk about ambulance stuff with some (small amount of) knowledge is a great feeling.

Ok. I know I shouldn't. I really shouldn't. But I've been looking at The Big White Taxi Service. For those of you who don't know, this site is full of rude, obnoxious and bad-taste humour regarding ambulance work. Do not click that link if you are easily offended, it isn't generally meant for public viewing. BWTS is a place for ambulance staff to vent off steam, and I didn't really feel like I"deserved" (is that the right word?) to look at it, at least up till now. Well, I've been browsing through it, and while some of it is quite shocking, some of it is actually funny, the picture below sending up Tom Reynolds was simply too good to miss, I genuinely laughed out loud when I read it:

It also served as a bit of a reminder not to keep this blog too serious..

3 Comments:

  • At 6:50 am, Blogger Lola Cherry Cola said…

    I occasionally nosy at the site, the dark humour is to my tastes. However I'll never post on there, as am only a "johnny bast". Ah well, lol.

     
  • At 2:20 pm, Blogger Dianne said…

    That is the funniest site i've seen in a long while, they should start one for therapists too ~ lol

    I spent far too long flicking through the pages when i should have been working.

     
  • At 7:56 pm, Blogger LizzyFerret said…

    BWTS does help one put ones life into perspective! lol.

    Fair Play, Tom Reynolds has a good enough site, but he is, as you say, "rather good at being big headed"!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger