Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

As Lucy and I trundle round London..















As I drive around London in this Van, I think about just how much I'm enjoying it. I must admit I do secretly pretend I'm driving something big and yellow, although in a way I wish I wasn't as it looks bloody hard.

I'm starting to appreciate just how hard it must be driving something this big through heavy traffic on Blues.

Although one thing you learn driving something so big is just how responsible you have to be, motorbikes and cyclists have a terrible habit of creeping up the inside on both sides of the road, so I try not to squish them. Its actually really nice to drive, the steering is light and the clutch is good. I also like the driving position, when I get back into my Golf after driving Lucy for 4 hours my Car feels like nothing more than a souped up go-cart. My test is lined up for tomorrow, *hopefully* I'll do fine. I do not enjoy retakes of any kind.

I look forward to next week....















This photo acts as a good metaphor for how close I feel to actually starting, I'm about 20 meters away from the front door of HQ. I'm 4 days from starting training. One is a short walk, one is a short wait.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As is clearly demonstrated I haven't lost an ounce of enthusiasm.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:36 pm, Blogger Lola Cherry Cola said…

    Oooh, good luck! I personally would be petrified driving anything big. I'm too used to my little Skoda Fabia. Gald you're still enthusiastic! By the way I added your email on msn don't know if you use that though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger