Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

5 of 5: The end of the beginning.

Well folks, that's the end of my first week. Yesterday we had some interesting debates regarding capacity and consent of patients, and also a very nice talk about the history of the LAS, again given with lots of passion. Just how I like my teaching. I also found out about my three placements coming up, the first at EOC, second with PTS and lastly with A&E. Except my A&E placement is going to be on an FRU, with a (two star) training officer. Should be fun, but I crossing most parts of my body that I get my uniform before placements as otherwise I'll have to wear an "observer" tabbard and look like a right pillock.
We are also having to get out CPR skills up to a really high standard, the resus annie's they have plug into a little machine that measures you performance to both the millimeter and second...
Next week I have more of the same, 8:30 to 16:30 days, but we get introduced to some more complex ambulance equipment. I however, am knackered, and intend to enjoy today relaxing with the Missus, enjoying every moment I spend with her. Speak to you next week.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:57 pm, Blogger Dianne said…

    Golly Carmelo, long week you have there!
    I take it the resus annie's are adult sized. Do you get to practice on child sized models too?

    I hope you get your uniform and miss the 'tabbard' experience. If not, we need pictures ~ lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger