Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

LAS Education and Development of Me.

I start at a training centre in South London on October the 2nd, at 8:30. I finish at 16:30, and then repeat the same process till Friday. Tis a long week. Also a fitness test on the 3rd, but I'm not sweating about it (get it?!) as I feel fit as a fiddle at the moment, having only yesterday ran from my Halls to Wimbledon and back, a good 5 miles I reckon.

It all feels a bit like joining the army:
  • "when reporting for duty"
  • "Operational Uniform"

Lots of militaristic terms were being thrown about in the letter I received. The countdown has begun. Carmelo is actually, really, 100% doing it. Who would of thought that?

2 Comments:

  • At 7:04 am, Blogger Lola Cherry Cola said…

    Those hours are about 1/2 hr less than mine in full time employment, ouch. Glad you enjoy the course anyhows, you'll need a lot of enthusiasm to get through those days.

     
  • At 9:25 pm, Blogger Kal said…

    Mate, don't stress about the military thing. I was equally worried, particularly the bits that said things like "Gentlemen will report for dinner in Service Uniform, or collar and tie."

    Load of old bollocks, trust me.

    I think the whole stiff upper lip Kitchener style welcome is just there as a stick to beat you with. If you dick about, they can go back to the paperwork and say "Look, it says here you should salute when a three pip officer comes in the room."

    Chill, relax, the industry really isn't that scary.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger