Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

3 of 5: First steps...


(Please excuse both the terrible acne and tired look, the week's taking its toll already..)

As I tried on the LAS uniform for the first time ever, a sense of pride surged through me. Despite the fact it was only trial wear to ensure we get the right sizes, I didn't care. For that brief glimpse of time I had properly, truthfully and tangibly achieved my dream. I was wearing it.

Elation just about covers it I think.

I definitely think green's my colour.
I also realised I'm about to receive copious amounts of uniform, hopefully in the next two weeks or so. I was also measured for my stab vest, great fun. I also passed the fitness test no problems, its hard being the Demi-God I am. (SARCASM)

Anyways. Lola's bit.
1.The last movie you saw in a theatre, and current-release movie you still want to see.
Snakes On a Plane, and I desperately want to watch the upcoming Tenacious D movie.

2. The last movie you rented/purchased for home viewing.
Um, Dodgeball, Constatine and 28 Days later on UMD for my PSP.
3. A movie that made you laugh out loud.
O geez..um most things, Dodgeball I suppose having just watched it.

4. A movie that made you cry.
Patch adams... but shush.

5. A movie that was a darling of the critics, but you didn't think lived up to the hype.
Lord of The Rings. All 3 of them. Rubbish. Dwarfs and beards. Great..

6. A movie that you thought was better than the critics.
Not much..

7. Favorite animated movie.
Shrek. Full stop.

8. Favorite Disney Villain.
Zurg from Toy Story.

9. Favorite movie musical.
I don't do musicals.

10. Favorite movies of all-time (up to 5).
I'll get back to you on that one..

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger