Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Highlights for the coming week:


  • Tuesday- Another observational shift in Emergency Operations Control, I'm supposed to be there from 8:00 till 13:00, but I might stay later if the fancy takes me and the EMDs can tolerate me.
  • Wednesday- I'm observing on a Patient Transport Service Vehicle from 7:30 till 15:00, I know it isn't tearing about the streets of London on blue lights and sirens, but it allows you to talk to people from all across life. I like listening to stories.
  • Thursday- A 7:00-19:00 observational shift on a Fast Response Unit. Needless to say I'm, as they say, "bricking it", especially as I'm with a training officer.

I'll do a much more detailed post about each as it happens, although I don't know when I'll be able to get them up, as between Wednesday and Thursday is a long trip from south London to my home, and then leaving home Thursday morning about 5:00ish (probably earlier) ready for the 7:00 start at a station in north London. I was told specifically to be there 15 minutes early, which translates to me being at least an hour early in the oddly twisted method of logic that I enjoy practicing. Big things are happening!

On Thursday I was strapped to one of these,

, and lifted up. My group then decided to turn me upside down. I shall never again make the statement: " I don't believe that velcro alone can hold me to that thing, let alone when I'm upside down!"

3 Comments:

  • At 7:16 pm, Blogger Lola Cherry Cola said…

    Heh, been enjoying a bit of "bondage" then ;-)? I remember when I got strapped to one of them, it was then that the rest of the group decided they wanted a cup of tea and headed out of the room. Luckily enough after a bit of pleading with them, they did free me. Hope the observers shifts go well, am jealous.

     
  • At 1:14 pm, Blogger caramaena said…

    Can't wait to hear the stories to come! Enjoy :)

     
  • At 10:33 pm, Blogger LizzyFerret said…

    I think everyone in the world of Ambo's has been strapped to either a board or a scoop and left to dry! lol.

    I know your FRU day is the one your most looking forward to - Enjoy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger