Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Little Old Me.

Its not often in life that I feel small, (being 180cm tall and weighing 97Kgs, metric I know but I can't work in imperial), so it was startling when it happened twice today.

  • First incident was in the car on a roundabout near Lord's Cricket ground. This giant green coach just didn't see me at all and nearly squished me inside my Golf against a wall! Its not like I crept up in his mirrors.

  • Second incident was on my bike, I'm still getting used to riding in London. This HGV again just didn't see me and nearly took me out with the rear end of his trailer, not fun I can tell you. I have a funny suspicion that I'll be attending lots of RTCs when I start doing shifts.

Also, a note to the fat lady in a BMW 5 series, number plate starting GIL 75, you are a silly, fat old hag whom has no right to beep incessantly at others when they don't let you into the lane you want. You were clearly in the wrong, and your Channel Sunglasses were obviously fake.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:38 pm, Blogger LizzyFerret said…

    ROFL

    Welcome Welcome Welcome to the madness that is London Driving. It is a great training ground - if you dont die or lose your legs to a bus before you leave!

    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger