Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Is your Cactus dead yet?

Is the question the Missus has just asked me over a text message. How rude. I'm a vegetarian, of course I can look after a Cactus!

Well wasn't today fun. We sat in the classroom, and we learned all about various learning styles and the roles people take in teams (I'm a Chairman Plant, and an Active Theorist, both contradictions in terms). No really I actually enjoyed it, even if I must admit that I was playing devil's advocate with the lecturer simply for the fun of it. I also started getting to know my fellow students a bit better, and they are an absolutely stellar bunch. I like all of them, well those with LAS anyway.....
...as the other half of the group are with the South East Coast Ambulance Service, and have somewhat segregated themselves from "us lot". I don't really know them that well to be honest. Afterwards we sat in the Pub for about an hour talking.
Somebody mentioned about LAS blogs, only my friend knows that I do this out of that lot, so we both shot an interesting look at each other. I kept quiet, and that was the first time I felt a sense of anonymity about this whole "blogging" experience. Odd.
One of the guys works in Central Ambulance Control already, his stories were fantastic. He also occasionally goes out to drive crews about in trucks to keep up his blue light training in case he needs to drive control vehicles, so it was nice hearing about his experiences. Best of all on Friday he said he shall show us round CAC to see what its like inside, which is good as some of us and the Missus are meeting up to look around London on Friday too. I feel oddly content, yet I have a huge hole in my heart. Being away for so long from my Missus is hard, yet at the same time here I am pursuing my dream. Torn is a better word.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:00 pm, Blogger LizzyFerret said…

    Aww your such a romantic! lol.

    Well Mr Active Theorist... you will have to put all that style malarkey into practice when they start giving you lot essays!
    (rubbish, you just write the answer to the question, regardless of your style or any of that caper!)

     
  • At 10:20 pm, Blogger Lola Cherry Cola said…

    Lol, I'm a reflector with a very low preference to everything else. Glad you're enjoying it, and hopefully things will feel better with the missis soon, i know tis difficult being away from someon, just look forward to the next time u get to see her

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger