Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Wasted Journeys?

Well today my friend and I decided to try and find the training centre where we shall be, well, trained. Off we set this morning, ready for a long walk. We were following the green kite on my map that indicates an ambulance station. We walked and took the bus and eventually got there:

Bugger. No we didn't. I took us to the wrong green kite. I felt, to say the slightest, idiotic. Ah well. We asked inside and a very nice officer showed us the way on the map to the training centre, even walking out to the bus stop with us to show us which one to take. The bit that made me smile was when he said he was looking forward to seeing and working with us on placement.
Anyway, back on the bus and we did get there in the end:
We walked straight into the ambulance yard, I don't think we were allowed in either, which may explain the funny look the mechanic gave us.
On a more serious note, apparently us vege's are now fair game for eating:

2 Comments:

  • At 10:03 pm, Blogger Lola Cherry Cola said…

    Aww, am jealous you getting to be at Uni. I miss my Uni days (not that long ago really but I'm sick of work already). Hope you're getting on ok, apart from getting lost.

     
  • At 3:40 pm, Blogger Dory said…

    Apparently us veggies are pretty tasty... :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger