Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Friday, September 08, 2006

I have Returned.

Well I'm back at home. Thing's weren't exactly "banging" at Uni so I came home a couple of days early, much to the delight of the Missus. I was over the moon to see her again, I missed her a lot. I'm still doing work though, planning for a presentation that myself and my partner are doing to the group in 2 weeks time. Gulp.
I booked my driving lessons and test, so the week starting the 25th of September I shall be driving this for a week, in anticipation of bright yellow things with blue lights:


(the van, not the man)
The problem is that is the week she starts Uni, studying Law. Her parents are off on holiday as is her twin, so she's scared of being alone. I'll try to be there as much as possible to support her, but I know she's strong inside.
Apart from that the Missus got me a University pack that consisted of a bottle of cider, holiday photo album and a cactus. I want to name the cactus something, but I'm not sure what. I suspect that the reason for the cactus was that's all she thinks I can deal with!
I was touched.
She also got a new ipod, and I am grudgingly starting to accept that itunes is quite a good bit of software. I hate being wrong.
I'm driving through central London Sunday back to my Halls, ready for a Monday start. I still stick to my original statement that London driving is bonkers.
Things are progressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger