Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

"Glenda Never Misses"

Ok. So yesterday. Up at 5, at work by 6. Open shop till 11, then mad dash to train station with the Missus. Get on earliest train to London. Next take the Tube to Brixton and walk to King's College Hospital. Here I had my occupational health assessment. Glenda asked the usual questions. Next, she tested my eyes. I have 6/6 Vision in my right eye, and 4/6 vision in my left. I think those are good results. Next we measured my height, 180 cm! Last time I measured my height I was 175cm. Hooray for puberty. Next my weight, and this is the biggest shocker. I lost 7kg! Last time I weighed myself I was a spritely 105kg, her scales said I was 98kg. And I haven't even been trying to lose weight. By the way I'm not obese, I know my BMI is 30.2, but I have lots of muscle. Honest.
Next my bloods, Glenda tried to get the needle in 3 times before succeeding. "Glenda never misses" my arse. Then a urine test, the less of which is said the better.

Bus back to Brixton, Tube to Tooting Broadway. Quick talk to accommodation lady, get a few forms. I'm a £195 deposit away from my room....
Tube to London Bridge. Jubilee to Canary Wharf:


This Docklands Light Railway station at Canary Wharf to Devon's Road. This is where LAS recruitment/training HQ is, and where I had to give my documents for my Criminal Records Bureau check. Saw this cool LAS control truck:


Then went and found the Missus, who had been shopping with her sister. Walked around a few places, got a nice picture of Trafalger Square:

We then went to eat, and went home. I was knackered. Came home, posted that last post and went to sleep. Did a 6-3 today, same again tomorrow. Sunday's my last shift though, then two weeks of blissful holiday, one of which will be spent in Cornwall with the Missus.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:12 pm, Blogger Lashes said…

    Hi there,
    Its Nic from ambulance999. Thanks for visiting my blog. I find its a great way to reflect on things and vent my frustration! Your blog is great, an interesting read but one question....does you wife actually have a name or is she called 'the missus' tee hee hee.
    Thanks again, Nicki

     
  • At 10:25 pm, Blogger Carmelo said…

    lol She isn't my wife, she's my girlfriend. She does have a name, she isn't imaginary I just like calling her that lol. I'm only 18 so a bit young to get married just yet anyways!

     
  • At 11:36 pm, Blogger LizzyFerret said…

    6/6 is the 20/20 line, and 6/4 is even better than 20/20 so fair play!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger