Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Bah.

This isn't usually like me, so please don't expect more "grump" posts.

Blogs are featuring quite a bit in the news lately, Tom Reynolds especially with the release of his book ( no link, he has enough. Look at the side bar.). Not to criticise, but this "super-blogger" seems to have lost the point. Every post now is about something media related, each point his ego is mentioned, yet people continue to stroke it. I started reading it because I wanted a good insight into the personal world of ambulances and the LAS, but now all I get is media attention. Its so boring.

If I wanted that I'd read the papers, I thought blogging was almost anti-media in its nature, as everyone could do it.

Bah. I'm tending to ignore it now, especially when I took a look at myself yesterday. Trying to promote my blog by using various sites, to what purpose? I have no wish to reach the levels of stardom that others have, nor the talent. This blog is here for me, if people enjoy reading it that's really great (thanks for the comment defib), but I'm not going to go head over heels to promote it. I enjoy blogging a great deal, so have no wish to stop, but I have no intention of "pimping" this blog out.
No, I'm not being bitter about another's success, nor jealous. I think its a bit more of a disappointment, seeing one's apparent idol "selling out". I know its what any normal person would do, but you tend to forget sometimes that behind the words is a person with needs in the real world.

Right, groan over. Tomorrow I'm going to view a couple of flats, one's run by an Irish guy and the other by Aussies. Sounds like a party.. hopefully I'll take a couple of photos. Might even do a mobile post (shock horror!)

2 Comments:

  • At 7:12 pm, Blogger Lola Cherry Cola said…

    I don't know really, blogs are about day to day lives mostly, and Tom Reynolds' life is more or less revolving around publishing his book at the minute. I say let him enjoy his 15 minutes, he'll get over it and the posts about the job will come back. If I ever published a book I'd be going on about it until someone hit me around the head with a frying pan, or I got bored, whichever came first. Let him enjoy it I say.

    Good luck with checking out places to live, make sure the area is relatively nice, there's nothing worse than getting broken into or not feeling safe where you live. Trust me.

     
  • At 3:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tom's blog is better than most, but that's not saying much. His stuff is...alright. I mean, where's the pathos, the complex interaction between patient & caregiver that gets beneath the stereotype of paramedics as white knights in ambulances. Maybe it's just my New York City/South Bronx attitude talking here, but please, spare me the goody-two shoes displays of sympathy meant for public consumption and let's really get into the psychology of dealing with ungrateful, abusive patients day in & day out. Where's your anger, your frustration? Are you really Mr Niceguy all day long? Or at least that's how I feel when I read Random Acts of Reality. Maybe New York is a tougher city than London, I dunno, but Tom's blog doesn't speak to my experience.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger