Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

MEDICAL OR DIE!

LAS: MEDICAL, MONDAY 14TH. BE THERE.

Carmelo: But I'm afraid I'm working.

LAS: TOUGH. ONLY APPOINTMENT AVAILABLE.

Carmelo: Ok, Ok I'll change it, geez....

LAS: GOOD. LETTER IN POST. SEE YOU MONDAY.

(highly edited)

I have heard rumours that the LAS is a bit of a militaristic organisation, until now I had little reason to believe them...

3 Comments:

  • At 8:36 am, Blogger Defibrilator said…

    Yep it is tough. Until you are "in" you will have to fight tooth and nail. Don't make any errors, make sure all your forms are filled in correctly and handed in on time. Otherwhise you won't get a look in. I was told that when people apply to become ambo's in my state that if you don't meet a criteria they stop reading your application and send you a "try again next year" letter.

    Fight hard to get in. When you are in keep your nose clean. :-0

    Defib

     
  • At 6:48 am, Blogger Lola Cherry Cola said…

    Sounds a bit harsh, but if it's what you wanna do I guess you'll just have to grin and go along with it

     
  • At 11:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They said the same to me, i had to cancel all of my shifts at work because this week i had organized a work experience placement at the hospital. LAS then told me i had to be there today, non-negotiable, cancel your work experience placement! The Only reason i organised the work experience placement in the first place is because they kept saying i needed more care experience!!! Not to mention the fact i now have no shifts at work all week or work experience, i am also at least £70 out of pocket thanks to only 4 days notice for the medical today (ie travel cost for train etc)... rant over, sorry!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger