Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Friday, August 11, 2006

"Where's your anger, your frustration? Are you really Mr Niceguy all day long?"

At the moment, I don't have it. People like Tom, to whom the above statement was meant for, apparently don't either. So of course I wanted to emulate him, and still do in a way, but I realised I need to be my own person.

"Just like Tom" is a quote that stuck out for me.

I'm not so sure anymore. I'm here to chart the development of myself, and have already noticed changes. When I started, Tom seemed like a "god", I even e-mailed him for his advice on my blog. Now, I feel like he is missing the point a little. An e-mail from somebody has polarised my opinion on my subject,

"the complex interaction between patient & caregiver that gets beneath the stereotype of paramedics as white knights in ambulances."

Hopefully, as this blog progresses I can monitor my development a little. I'm not saying that every post will turn to one of gloom and doom, moaning about society's misgivings, my enthusiasm remains unchanged. I think its just I need to remember that I'm going out into the world to help people, "arms open" if you will, and I think I forget sometimes that people will take advantage of that attitude.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:07 am, Blogger Defibrilator said…

    G'day. This is just my take on it....

    It's good to have decent role models, and from what i've read from his Blog Tom is one hell of a nice guy. Sure, it can be disheartening to learn that those you have looked up to are real people. Real people have faults. Also it may help if you acknowledge that Tom is older than you so his perspective is different. He is at a different stage of his life journey. Allow him his time in the sun. It may well be true that he is getting to big for his britches. I read one of his posts where he stated that he never wore gloves (in that post his hands were covered in vomit).

    My advice is to emulate those qualities that you admire in different people (even if they are fictional) and look past their faults. You are getting started in life and to my way of thinking you are well on your way to an awsome life. You know what you want and you are going for it. Power to you dude, just don't let people upset you and concentrate on seeing the glass half full.

    Yeah those bourbons are kicking in now... maybe I shouldn't post when i'm drinking

    Stay safe

    Defib :-P

     
  • At 6:38 pm, Blogger Lola Cherry Cola said…

    I agree with Defib, bourbon and all. And thanks for reminding me that I can drink tonight, woohoo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger