Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Ruffled Feathers.

Take a look at this post by Tom Reynolds. It depicts a job where having a working torch would have made things far easier as there was a power cut.

I put this comment:
"That'll teach you to do a decent VDI..."

(VDI- vehicle daily inspection, check everything is working properly etc)
(I had put the comment in jest, promise)

To which he replied:

"Bleedin' newbies - you better keep that 'sense of humour' in check. Besides, there was only one torch, and no spare. Make ready have already put in an order for a new one."

To which I will reply:


"Am I bothered though? Really, look at my face? Am I bothered that I'm a newbie? Do I look bothered? Ask me if I'm bothered. Don't bother because I'm not even bothered though."

(If this means nothing to you please take a look at The Catherine Tate Show)

O how we do love being immature!

P.S. Before everyone starts jumping down my neck about punching above my weight etc, I would like to say that this post was all done in a sense of ironic good humour. I know how much people respect experience in the ambulance service, and I do too. I know in terms of everything such as exeperience I am but a tiny baby, and as such have the respect of one. Take care y'all.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:08 am, Blogger Ellis James said…

    Keep up with the sense of humour. He probably just got out of the wrong side of his bed. Or he had just finished a run of night shifts.

     
  • At 10:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep the traffic two way, it keeps them on their toes!

    SD
    :-)

     
  • At 4:56 pm, Blogger Dianne said…

    That's what newbies are for isn't it?

    My newbie to adulthood is 16 and you would think she is 30 for all the times she picks me up. Am i 'boverd'? No

     
  • At 5:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now there's a management phrase that can go down on my pet hates list: "Punching above one's weight".

    It does have a nice image attached to it though - especially when you look at the average bodyshape of the battleworn paramedic....

    He He!!

     
  • At 4:21 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    See, you may have meant it in good humour, but it came across as someone, still in college, trying to tell someone how to do their job.

    Besides, how am I supposed to take it when you take the mickey out of me on your blog?

    And my point stands, when you go out on the road, you have to be careful not to look like a fool, because that reputation stays with you a long time.

    "Eyes and ears open, mouth shut" was the advice given to me when a trainee, and it works wonders.

     
  • At 8:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You tell him tom, bloody childish and immature comments, if you knew as much as you think you do you would have realised that not everything is the way management say it is, but then again thay are looking for ADSO's at the moment, with that attitude you will fit right in.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger