Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Remember, Remember...

I don't know what it is, but large events such as the fireworks display in my town often seem to draw the worst groups of people together. Much like Social Dispatch, I too become slightly wary when you place alcohol, fire (works) and stupid people together in large groups surrounded by children. It felt like the fireworks were a very pretty flame, drawing all of the scummy and low life moths that inhabit my town towards it. I think the worst thing was that it wasn't always the Chavs being idiots, it was the adults letting their kids do some really stupid things with sparklers. However prize idiot of the night award goes to the clever (Chav) man who thought it would be a good idea to let a firework off in the car park, once the display had finished and everyone was walking back to their car or home. I saw him do it too, I really wanted to go up to him, grab him by the neck and scream in his face "Are you an idiot or just plain stupid?!" Such violence Carmelo, tut tut.

I would also like to wish my Missus a very, very happy 19th birthday. Love you darlin'!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:28 pm, Blogger caramaena said…

    Happy birthday Missus Carmelo! Hope you enjoy it :)

     
  • At 7:25 pm, Blogger Lola Cherry Cola said…

    I was at the fireworks in sefton park doing my st john thing, and after the display there were actually a bunch of scallies setting off fireworks in the middle of the road, just in front of our ambulance as we came through. Why, oh why do these idiots not realise how dangerous fireworks can be?

    Btw Happy birthday to Mrs Carmelo too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger