Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Life In The Electronic Jungle.

Ok then. Second day on the trot of e-learning, and amazingly I'm not finding it too bad. We get given a dose of material each day to read through, I make notes by hand and then print off diagrams. There's also a forum on which all the guys in my class can discuss what we are doing under the supervision of the module leader. This electronic classroom stuff is more intuitive than I thought it would be, although a bit lonely. Mum was very nice and took me to her hospital's library, I borrowed 4 A&P books under her name so I can start reading around the subject, under various interpretations. Until I buy my own book that's all I got.

Its nice to be home. Its nice to be indoors and close to all the people I love, I knew I missed the Missus lots and lots, but didn't realise just how much I had missed my family.

My uniform is sitting nicely folded in a box in the corner of my room, and that's where it'll stay till the 13th of November when I go back to the training centre. No more trying it on, and anyway I don't want the novelty to get too old too quickly.....

Its also odd as the past three weeks have been dripping with stuff that's blog-worthy, but now things are calming down a bit, and truth be told I'm not entirely unhappy about it. Its nice to reflect, chill out and calm down.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:11 pm, Blogger LizzyFerret said…

    I know what you mean about things not being Blogworthy and the blog going quiet - I feel bad sometimes when I havent updated the blog for a few days, but if theres nothing to say then theres no point!

    What A&P books are you using then?

     
  • At 11:53 pm, Blogger Lola Cherry Cola said…

    Good A&P book is Tortora - Principles of Anatomy and Physiology. I like it anyhow.

     
  • At 9:08 am, Blogger Carmelo said…

    Yeah I think Tortora is the one the Uni recommends, i did look for that at the hospital library, but found:

    Instant Anatomy- R. H Whitaker & N. R Borley

    Riddle's A&P- applied to health proffesions

    Last's Anatomy

    Grant's Atlas of Anatomy

    I figure between the 4 of them I must be able to find something useful..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger