Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Uniform.


That is what (in no particular order),

  • 1 x pair of leather gloves
  • 4 x pair green combat trousers
  • 1 x black glasses case
  • 1 x safety glasses
  • 7 x boot socks
  • 1 x utility belt
  • 1 x LAS Hi-Vis tabbard
  • 7 x white t-shirt
  • 2 x LAS green fleece
  • 2 x pair Redwood safety boot
  • 1 x LAS long sleeve shirt
  • 7 x LAS short sleeve shirt
  • 1 x wooly hat
  • 1 x LAS kit bag
  • 2 x LAS Hi-Vis Jacket

looks like. I didn't include the epaulet's, but I got four of those that simply say "London Ambulance Service" on them, denouncing me as the lowest of the low. Bloody hell that's a lot of uniform. Yes, before you ask I did parade around both my house and the Missus' house showing it off. Yes it does look fantastic. Ok, I think I have (just about) got over the uniform thing now, as surprisingly when we found out that it had come on Friday it was a bit of an anti-climax for me.

Unfortunately for the moment, that's about it for ambulance things for the next couple of months. We are just starting an anatomy and physiology module that is delivered via the net, that takes us up until Christmas. Of course during that time I'll try and get some more observational shifts wherever I can, Mum's trying to get me some at the hospital, hopefully I can go out with the local ECP as well, as they're funded by the PCT. Although I am waiting on an e-mail from another ECP to hopefully go on an obs shift with them too, but I suspect they're quite busy. We've also got a few dates back at the training centre to practice ambulance skills, so it won't be completely dead. I think I also need to earn some money, car insurance is coming up soon. Eeek.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:16 am, Blogger Ellis James said…

    I'm so jealous. Mersey Regional only gave me:
    3 combat trousers
    2 shirts
    2 polo shirts
    4 t-shirts
    5 pairs of socks
    1 fleece
    1 jacket
    1 hi-vis
    1 pair of boots

     
  • At 7:35 pm, Blogger Ellie said…

    So, no pics of you sporting your new uniform?! I'm sad...
    Continued Good Luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger