Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

I'm so Young.

Why do I appear to be one of the youngest bloggers around?!
I look round at hundreds of blogs of various descriptions from all parts of life, and every author appears to be much older than me, at least 25+. No moaning about 25 being "old", don't tell me when you were 18 being older than 25 seemed a distant dream..
Everybody is an undergraduate, a graduate or have found themselves in life with a job, or something interesting to report on. Me, a little 18 year old floating about... I'm far too young to be pondering such things. Maybe "young" people (define that as you will) aren't as interesting.

I also found this blog. After much browsing, I couldn't really understand why this man is so cynical about everything. I don't know if its a cultural thing or what, or possibly just the ambulance sense of humour. However, on reflection I am beginning to think that the accounts draw from the realm of fiction to a degree, I'm sure the events happened in some fashion, just without the narrative that wouldn't feel out of place in a drama series on Fox. I am by no means making any insult towards him, just trying to relate whether or not I will start to show that kind of attitude to everything.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:15 pm, Blogger Lola Cherry Cola said…

    Ahh, I consider myself young still. If in mind only. You're only as young as you feel. Anyhow, you'll be starting Uni in September and you can take the first steps to feeling officially old ;-)

     
  • At 6:45 pm, Blogger Carmelo said…

    Yeah, sure! Hanging around with hundreds of drinking/smoking students, very mature lol
    I don't really do any of that, maybe you're young in mind and I'm old in mind...

     
  • At 7:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    23 year old blogger in the house :-D

    By the way, have a look on my blog (on which you probably can't read a single word :-D) and help me choose what my new car should be once i moved to the UK.

    Cheers,

    Karim (Dutchmedic)
    http://medic1.web-log.nl/

     
  • At 7:12 pm, Blogger Lola Cherry Cola said…

    Does seem like you're a little old in mind. Then again, I don't smoke, I do drink but I've never gotten so bad that I couldn't remember what I've done the next day. So I'm remotely sensible. Wanna switch minds? I think I'll need all the maturity I can get over the next few months...

     
  • At 7:22 pm, Blogger Carmelo said…

    My 15 year old brother was so drunk last night he vomited the entire contents of his stomach out and then some...I get drunk on a single bottle of beer. And insult people.:(

     
  • At 10:14 pm, Blogger Andrew McAllister said…

    I don't think anyone is too young to have interesting things to say, though I do think the audience who find it interesting might change depending on who is doing the writing. I say go ahead and spill out whatever interests you. I'm sure there are millions of other people with similar interests.

    Thanks for visiting To Love, Honor and Dismay and for leaving such a wonderful comment.

     
  • At 10:28 pm, Blogger Dory said…

    I guess some 'young uns' have life experience way advanced for their years. Maturity isn't how old you are, but the way you conduct your life.

    Even though I'm 27 (argh, almost 3-0), I still have a relatively non-mature outlook on life. Everything I've blogged about (though it's debatable whether people outside of my litlle world find it all interesting!) has just really been day-to-day occurrences.

    Anyway, come September I'm sure there will be millions of stuff going on for you to blog on, and you might get to see things most 'grown-up' people will not have the stomach for!!!

    Enjoy it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger