Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Friday, July 28, 2006

A Proper Working Boy.

(Format shamelessly stolen from Merys' blog )

5:00- Wake up. Groan. Stumble out of bed, eat something. Check Blog/forums/e-mail.

5:45- Drive to work.

5:55- Open shop, by my-self while listening to the happy tones of Maximo Park.

7:00- Next opener comes in. We set up the shop, chopping things, washing things and baking things.

8:00- Finish setting up shop. Being shift manager (Pah!), means I have to deal with all the money, great fun indeed.

8:01- Open safe, and grumble again because people were lazy and didn't visit the Bank yesterday.

8:30- £1,876.98 counted correctly, ready to be deposited.

8:45- Prepare order sheet for the first of three that I shall be making today.

9:15- Finish. Coke ring and ask if I'm ready to order from them yet, I tell them no and that I'll ring them later. People who work at Coke sound like they drink it all day.....

9:30-10:30- Serve people, eat food, discover yesterday that the lazy gits didn't do the Veg delivery. Bugger. Make desperate phonecall, the nice lady will send me my delivery tomorrow.

10:45- Make little boy and his sister laugh with silly facialexpressionss. Missus pops in for a quick chat and a kiss.

11:00- Discover that it will be me, opener and two trainees over lunch-more work for me.

12:00- Lunch is slow, but due toincompetencee of aforementioned trainees, feels like I'm doing all the work.

14:00- Coke ring again, I tell them I'm not ready yet. They lady is still high oncaffeinee.

14:30-15:00- Race my way through the largest pile of washing up I've seen in a long time. Consequently drenched.

15:05- I phone Coke, and give them the order.

15:20- Hand-over till to evening staff (£3.43 up, yes!)

15:30-15:55- Clean shop, make it look tidy and neat. 5 minutes to go.

16:00- Boss phones. Asks if I can stay late to wait for someone senior to come and supervise the newbies. He says they'll be 15 minutes, tops.

16:16- GRRRRR! Much aggravated toe tapping later, I phone the boss, and ask where is he. Non-committalal response given, so I leave.

16:30- Give fellower opener lift home.

16:45- Come home, watch recorded Trauma Uncut.

17:15- Check Blogs/forums/e-mail.

17:45- Steal idea for post.

18:05- Publish this.

I'm leaving this stinking job on the 21st of August. Can't wait to leave....

4 Comments:

  • At 8:38 am, Blogger Lola Cherry Cola said…

    Aww, sounds busy. Just think of the money ;-)

     
  • At 2:20 pm, Blogger Merys said…

    no problems, steal away!

     
  • At 2:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehe, did you get the phone call to say the veggie max have to be withdrawn until futher notice too, oo that caused me some hassle lol :-)! Glad youve nearly sorted somewhere to live, im still homeless at the moment ggrrr!!

     
  • At 8:28 am, Blogger Carmelo said…

    lol!!!!!! Yup. You know why? Im p!ssed off, being vege that's all I can really eat and the egg tastes like crap...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger