Carmelo Alongi

Carmelo Alongi is a student who has just started his training at University with the London Ambulance Service to become an EMT and eventually a Paramedic. Hopefully this blog will allow an interesting insight for everyone into the process of training tomorrow's Paramedics, and a chronicle of my life as I progress. I blog under this name as a tribute to my Italian Grandfather, Carmelo Alongi.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Sunset


I know it might not be as good asLola's sunset from Turkey , but I thought it was pretty good for Blackpool. Sorry about the delay, Blogger was being a stubborn child and refusing to upload photos.
The rest of the Photos are now also refusing to upload, there was a good one of the Pepsi Max Big One and some ducks, but alas you shall never see them.
On the accommodation front, St George's have said if I want Hall's, I have to wait for the Doctors and Nurses to be accommodated first. Since only 2 students on the Paramedic course (including myself) have asked about accommodation, we're pretty low priority.
I am also trying to get my C1 licence sorted out (allows me to drive ambulances), including taking another theory test with hazard perception part...great. Then its a week training in a van, a test, and we're done.
Monday was my last night at my local Red Cross centre, and we actually did something interesting. They set up a scenario, involving a simulated motorbike vs. car accident. We were supposed to be first aiders on scene, I assessed the passenger from the bike with suspected spinal injuries. Don't worry I didn't take the helmet off, or even attempt to. And yes I checked his breathing beforehand.
When I do move to South London, hopefully I'll join up with the local Red Cross there. Carmelo suspects he has found a life-time organization, I did think about moving to St. John, but I decided against it. Couldn't tell you why, but I am not prejudiced against "Johnners".

Talking of Johnners, anybody seen the front-cover of Tom Reynold's book?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:01 pm, Blogger Lola Cherry Cola said…

    St John is great I'll have you know :-p

    Nice sunset. Thanks for linking to mine, I do have tons more pictures of sunsets. For some reason I am unable to resist taking a pice of the sunset (the same may apply to sunrise but I was never up early enough to see that).

    Good luck with the test, I've been thinking of taking a motocycle test for a while but I can't afford a bike so I may as well wait hehe.

     
  • At 12:03 am, Blogger LizzyFerret said…

    I used to live in Borough, just up the road from Tooting. BRCS have a unit in Brixton (remember your stab vest! lol) and although I did enquire about them I never joined up. I'll see if I can hoak out the email address of the South London Co-ordinator if you want. (You need some kind of interview or something before you can switch units apparently)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger